you are what you eat
Say Goodbye to the old tuna and mayonnaise mix. Once you try this recipe, I assure you, you will not go back to plain tuna and mayonnaise sandwiches again! It is not only delicious and crunchy but also fresh, colourful and healthy (adds to your 5 a day fruit and vegetable intake)- It will definitely leave your office mates or friends green with envy!
– 1 can tuna, canned in salt water, drained
– 1 large carrot, grated
– 5cm piece cucumber, chopped
– 1/2 cup peppers, trio of colours or even just one colour
– Handful of baby spinach, rinsed and roughly chopped
– 1/2 a lemon juiced
– Lemon rind, 1 lemon
– Sprinkling of freshly ground black pepper
– 3Tablespoons, Lite mayonnaise
As you chop and grate ingredients, throw them into a dish or bowl. Lastly add the mayonnaise. This filling can be used as a sandwich filler, over a Low GI toast (as a open sandwich), filled into a baguette or even over a salad. Adding vegetables to the tuna helps the tuna go a long way. Tuna is high in protein and Omega 3 fatty acids!