you are what you eat
Eggs are a quick and healthy way to get you going in the morning. An omelette is so versatile, you can fill it with just about anything meat, vegetables, cheese or a combination of all three! A healthy Breakfast is the ideal way to start your day off right. Include a fruit or a vegetable serving into your breakfast which will add to your 5 a day servings of fruit and vegetables.
For this recipe this is what I did:
– Heat a non stick pan on medium heat. Spray with non stick spray if needed.
– Whisked 2 eggs in a bowl until just combined, try not to over mix
– I cut mushrooms and asparagus
– Basil Pesto (I always have in my freezer)
– Spring onion
– 1- 2 teaspoons of Parmesan cheese
Once the pan is heated, pour in the whisked eggs, throw over the desired amount of mushrooms and asparagus (but you can use any vegetable you want). Dot with Basil Pesto. Garnish with spring onion. Let the top of the omelette cook all the way through. Before closing sprinkle 1- 2 teaspoons of Parmesan cheese. Serve with toast or just as is on its own.