you are what you eat
For the best ‘healthy’ pickle on the side of any dish try this awesome baby cabbage and carrot salad. Its still got the spicy kick to liven up any dish but without the oil and salt. Full of fibre and crunchy, here is my favourite baby cabbage and carrot salad:
– 1 cup thinly sliced crisp lettuce
– 2 grated carrots
– 1 cup thinly sliced baby cabbage
– 1/2 brown onion, thinly sliced
– 3 Tablespoons lite mayonnaise
– 2 tsp methi masaala
– 2Tablespoons lemon juice
– 2tsp lemon zest
– freshly ground black pepper
– This salad is so easy to make and will stay for a week in the fridge. Use it to replace your usual pickle/ atchaar (which is usually full of oil and salt!).
– Simply mix all the ingredients together. For extra crunch, add chopped spring onion to the mix.