you are what you eat
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and there is nothing better than an exciting, delicious, nutritious breakfast to get you going! These pancakes are perfect for those on a low carb diet since the pancakes is made only of egg whites. I love this recipe as it provides something different to eat on our ‘egg’ breakkie mornings!
This is a high protein breakfast accompanied with fresh berries and yoghurt. You will need:
– 3/4 cup liquid egg whites
– 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
– a pinch of cinnamon
– 1/2 tsp linseeds
– 1/2 tsp sunflower seeds
– 1/2 tsp sesame seeds
– 1/2tsp poppy seeds
– 1 tsp chia seeds
– finely grated lemon zest
– 1/2 cup fresh berries
– 1 banana, sliced
– 3/4 cup low fat Greek yoghurt
– maple syrup for drizzling
– Spray a pan with non stick spray, and heat up on the stove.
– Mash the berries (I used blueberries and raspberries) with the back of a fork. Mix this in with the Greek yoghurt and leave aside.
– In a bowl beat the egg whites with a whisk until fluffy and foamy. Add the seeds, 1 T maple syrup and zest of half a lemon.
– Pour some of the foamy egg mix into the heated pan. Let it cook, once it has risen, turn over the the other side. Layer some sliced banana in the middle of the ‘pancake’. Fold over each side and transfer to a plate.
– Spoon yoghurt on one side, drizzle with maple syrup, lemon zest, fresh berries and poppy seeds.
– Serve hot with a freshly brewed cup of coffee!